Financial Controller – Skokie, IL
Do you have an interest in the emerging cannabis industry? Are you eager to contribute your talents and expertise to our company and really make a difference? If you have a passion for the cannabis industry and experience in overseeing the accounting operations of your current or former company, this may be a mutually beneficial match.
Cannabistry Labs is a growing, high-energy company filled with a forward-thinking team of professionals working in a fast-paced, emerging environment with a common goal. The Financial Controller role is based at our headquarters in Skokie, IL.
We are seeking a Financial Controller that will be directly responsible for all accounting and finance functions, reporting directly to the President.
- Preparing Financial Reports
- Analyzing Financial Data
- Monitoring Internal Controls
- Overseeing and preparing P&L, Balance Sheets and Cash Flow
- Participating in Budgeting Processes
- Managing Financial Transactions
- Streamlining Accounting functions and operations
- Evaluating and Managing Risk
- Working with CPA’s for year-end reporting
- Investor Communication
- Cap Table Management
- Human Resource Administration
- Bachelor’s in Finance, Accounting, economics, statistics or other similar degree
- CPA preferred
- QuickBooks experience preferred
- Strong numerical proficiency, organization, good problem-solving skills and excellent use of logic
- Strong experience in AR/AP
- Excellent skills in MS Excel
- Progressive career in accounting (example: cost accounting, strong experience in AP/AR, management experience in accounting field)
Cannabistry Labs, established in 2014, provides out-sourced product development; scientific research; regulatory compliance; manufacturing process engineering; quality assurance programs; branding and market activation to state-licensed growers and producers of Cannabis. Its mission is to maximize the value of cannabis for both consumers and operators.
This is achieved by applying best practices from the food, beverage and pharma industries with the goal of delivering innovative, consistent products with reliable therapeutic benefits and superior branding.
The business model is to engage state-sanctioned manufacturers through licensing intellectual property. The company provides all the preparation, training, technical specifications and quality control needed for the production, marketing and branding of the licensed products.
The company has a state-of-the-art research and development laboratory and pilot plant in Denver, CO and corporate headquarters in Skokie, IL. Cannabistry Labs has successfully developed and launched multiple cannabis-infused product lines with its licensed partners in Colorado and California and are expanding into additional states.
Cannabistry Labs has and continues to develop a robust commercialization pipeline of new products through highly collaborative cross-functional teams from R&D, Science & Technology, Innovation, Scientific and Regulatory Affairs, Commercialization and Market Activation.
Why Cannabistry Labs?
Cannabistry Labs is the leading innovator in the cannabis industry – we have set the bar high!
Our clients benefit from our holistic approach to product development where we engineer every product from the bottom up. Want to be a part of a growing team? Here are some of the top reasons to work with us:
- Full-Time Healthcare – You are eligible for your choice of several healthcare packages. All of the healthcare plans are Affordable Care Act compliant; we have several plans to fit what you need.
- Industry Expertise – All we do is Cannabis. Period. Our industry focus gives us a greater degree of insight into what you should expect for your career.
- Innovation – We have a state-of-the-art research and development laboratory and pilot plant – we only have the best.
- Cannabistry Family – You do not just have a job, you have a place to call home, where people know you! People should really like where they work, we sure do.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cannabistry Labs is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.