Distribution and Warehouse Manager – Santa Rosa, CA
Reports to: Vice President of Manufacturing Strategy, with dotted line to Site Director
Type: Full time, salary, exempt
Shifts: Typically, M-F
Location: M Plant Productions Site, Santa Rosa, CA
Send resumé and cover letter to: email@example.com
This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to apply their skills, learn new skills, and become a key member in a growing cannabis manufacturing company. You will be working with a highly successful team of food and beverage, and cannabis industry executives, scientists, engineers, marketers, and designers who are collaborating to produce a diverse portfolio of products.
Company Background, Mission, Vision and Values
Background: M Plant Productions is a Type 6 extraction and manufacturing company located in Santa Rosa, CA. The food grade, 19,200 square foot facility completed construction in mid-2019. Our current product lines include The Root of it All™ topicals and tinctures, Mistifi™ vape pens, and Tough Mama™ infused pre-rolls and vape carts. We are starting a Type 11 distribution operation to maximize utilization of our large warehouse space and optimize our supply chain.
Our Mission is to develop and produce demonstrably better products and brands that deliver outstanding quality, efficacy, reliability and experiences.
Our Vision is to create the leading trust-marks for cannabis and CBD consumers.
Our Values: Innovative, Entrepreneurial, Collaborative, Customer centric, Principled
The Distribution and Warehouse Manager is a critical role in ensuring M Plant Productions maintains high service levels and high-quality customer service. Primary responsibilities for this position include the following:
• Setup the processes and workflow needed for operational readiness of M Plant’s Type 11 distribution operation;
• Manage all aspects of product supply-chain to distributor partners post manufacturing, including compliance testing, pick-up, delivery, and finished goods inventory tracking (both at M Plant and distributor partner’s warehouse);
• Monitor finished goods inventory levels, and velocity of depletions at distributor warehouses. Provide insights to production team on needs for restocking sku’s, and production needs to maintain optimal finished goods inventory levels, mitigate potential out of stock situations and achieve desired service levels;
• Ensure seamless execution, and a high-level of collaboration between production teams, sales teams and distributor partner in order to pro-actively manage solutions for potential issues (e.g. OOS, non-compliant product, expiring product, and product destruction) ;
• Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, coordinate compliance testing and oversee/supervise final labeling and packing, including sample packs, variety packs, and specialty packaging assembly for sales and marketing needs;
• Manage all aspects of warehouse operations, including raw material and finished goods handling, storage and inventory management. Implement best practices and continuous improvement programs to enable seamless workflow between warehouse, production operations and distribution;
• Advocate for warehouse and workplace safety, establishing routines for maintaining a safe warehouse, safe material handling and storage procedures, protocols for proper vehicle and equipment use and working safely near loading docks and conveyors.
Key duties and responsibilities
• Raw Materials and Finished Goods handling and inventory tracking
• Implement best practices for daily warehouse operations management
• ERP system management and transactions
• METRC transactions
• Distributor inventory inputs and order management
• Coordinating incoming and outgoing shipments
• Conducting Inventory Audits on a monthly basis
• Act as a critical link in the supply chain to assist in raw material and packaging
component demand planning to prevent OOS and delays in production
• Pull and stage raw material and packaging components for manufacturing
• Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with distributors/transporters
• Managing temporary staffing
• Coordinating compliance testing
• Coordinating printing potency information and labeling products
• Managing sample distribution to sales and marketing team and assembly of specialty,
variety and sample packs
• Working closely with marketing, manufacturing, quality, accounts payable, and sales
• Meet assigned KPIs
• Communicate effectively, cross-functionally between multiple locations, time zones, and departments
• Perform any other job duties as needed
• 5 years of experience working in distribution and warehousing (Preferably in CPG, cannabis manufacturing, or food/beverage)
• 2 years of experience in management, strong proven leadership skills
• OSHA training and specific understanding of warehouse safety protocols
• Strong inventory management skills
• Strong Microsoft suite abilities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong attention to detail, a positive and can-do attitude, well organized, and charismatic
• Must be of 21 years of age or older
• Valid California driver’s license with (5) or more years of driving experience, less than six (6) points, and no exclusionary violations on driving record.
• Ability to operate a pallet jack, forklift, and other like logistics equipment
• Ability to read and write with excellent proficiency in English
• Ability to perform basic math such as addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication
• Ability to meet consistent attendance
• Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds
• Preferred- METRC experience
• Preferred- Experience working with NABIS (distribution)
• Preferred- Strong working knowledge of BCC regulations
• Preferred- Business degree
• Preferred- Bilingual in Spanish and English
• Preferred- Passion for cannabis
• Preferred- Interested in sustainable business practices
This position primarily works in an indoor warehouse environment, where the temperature is semi controlled and may fluctuate with the seasons. The noise level fluctuates based off equipment being used and tasks being conducted. Personal protective equipment such as steel toe shoes are required for many duties. This position will also work in close proximity to peers in an open office setting in an assigned cubical. There are cameras throughout the facility for security purposes.
This employee is frequently required to walk/stand greater than 75% of the time. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus with the ability to see objects in presence of bright lighting (ex: computer screen.) Speech and hearing abilities are frequently required to interact with management, coworkers, temporary staffing, suppliers, and transporters. The employee will be required to do repetitive tasks such as applying caps, labels, packing materials, and typing. This position occasionally requires lifting, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching above shoulder height.
M Plant Productions is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the company’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. M Plant Productions does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. We believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth and the community we serve. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our Human Resources Department. We will be happy to assist you. We will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect any hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.